A Brief History
Methodism began in Sarcoxie around 1838. The current church building was built in 1910 as The Methodist Episcopal Church South. When Methodist Episcopal North and South united in 1939 the decision was made to sell the church building. In 1950 the fellowship hall and classrooms were added onto the older building. In 1981 the sanctuary was remodeled and that fall the basement was redecorated. The United Methodist Church is a connectional church. That means we are connected to all other United Methodist churches in the United States and around the world in mission and ministry to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to the whole world. The founder of the Methodist movement John Wesley claimed for himself and Methodist of all times that the world is our parish. We join with other United Methodist churches to send missionaries all over the globe.
We are a friendly, Bible believing congregation. We use a traditional worship. We have a desire to serve God as we believe He directs us. We have the desire to serve our community in a variety of ways. We also participate in the local Christian Alliance.
Making a Difference
As a church, we support two children through Compassion, International. One is a boy living in Kenya and the other is a boy living in Guatemala. This support is provided through a once a month “Noisy Offering” collected by our youth. We also participate in other community service projects, to get involved please contact us.
201 South 11th Street P.O. BOX 177 Sarcoxie, MO 64862 (417) 548-7371